Job Title: Social Media/Marketing Associate
Employee Status: Part-Time, 7 Hours a Week
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Primary Location: VISIONS at Greenwich Street / Remote (With Approval)
Please Send Your Resume and Cover Letter To:
Ryan Melendez, Director of Marketing and Communications
The Social Media/Marketing Associate manages and coordinates all creative content for VISIONS social media and social networking platforms. The successful Social Media/Marketing Associate will ignite passion for the work of VISIONS among donors, funders, event sponsors and supporters, increase coverage of VISIONS in social media and create campaigns that increase interaction amongst current VISIONS supporters and recruit new followers/supporters of VISIONS.
The Social Media/Marketing Associate must be able to translate VISIONS story in pictures, print and in social media to a variety of audiences including foundations, individual donors and community stakeholders. The Social Media/Marketing Associate’s role is creating, designing, writing and producing engaging social media posts and marketing content.
Social Media/Marketing Associate Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Social Media/Marketing Associate will create Social Media posts on the following platforms:
- Twitter: At least 3 posts per week
- Facebook: Post every other day
- Instagram: At least 3 posts per week
The Social Media/Marketing Associate will interact with VISIONS staff to request photos, videos, stories and descriptions of VISIONS programming and events for the creation of social media posts.
The Social Media/Marketing Associate will solicit specific content from VISIONS Center on Aging for the creation of monthly updates to steward the relationship between VISIONS and funders of VISIONS Older Adult Center.
Social Media Analytics:
The Social Media/Marketing Associate will track data and analytics related to increases in VISIONS social media followers, likes, re-tweets, shares, campaign effectiveness etc. and provide a monthly and quarterly report to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
The Social Media/Marketing Associate will work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to create, implement and track the effectiveness of social media campaigns that encourage follower action e.g. (sign up for VISIONS email list, donate, like social media pages, re-tweet/share posts etc.)
The Social Media/Marketing Associate will work with the Director of Marketing and Communications and Chief Development Officer to complete an audit of VISIONS Marketing and Communications content annually to ensure VISIONS has a strong cohesive brand identity.
Solicitation and Collection of Content for Other Marketing Materials:
The Social Media/Marketing Associate will work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to solicit content from other VISIONS staff, which includes photographs, videos, written blurbs and summaries of programs or events within VISIONS service departments (youth services, older adult services, workforce, etc.), to include in VISIONS bi-annual newsletters, annual report, or other print/digital marketing materials.
The Social Media/Marketing Associate must exhibit appropriate timing and scheduling to insure that all social media/marketing activities are handled as needed in a timely manner.
- Proficiency using social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Experience using social media management tool Buffer to create and schedule posts
- Ability to create accessible social media posts (by adding image descriptions)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience creating and posting social media content for a business or organization
- Knowledge of current social media trends (including social media holidays, hashtags, best times to post, ideal content types to post, etc.)
- Ability to think and act creatively, independently and strategically
- Ability to work efficiently and with accuracy in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks demonstrating flexibility, poise and project planning skills
- Extremely organized
- Strong self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude and attention to detail
- Team player who works collaboratively and keeps team members informed
- Ability to work independently and keep supervisors informed through regular updates verbally and in writing
- Ability to take initiative to solve problems
- Ability to capture and edit photos is preferred, but not required
This hourly position is based out of VISIONS main office at 500 Greenwich Street in West SoHo/Hudson Square in Manhattan, but can be executed remotely as necessary with approval of the Chief Development Officer and CEO. Attendance at programs and events throughout the NYC Metropolitan area is encouraged.